The carrier material for biological wastewater treatment
The key factor in biological wastewater treatment is maximum contact between the microorganisms and the wastewater treated. In conventional biological treatment systems, this contact is normally achieved by simply adding microorganisms which are freely suspended in the aqueous phase.
PORET® aqua is preactivated, i.e. supplied with bacteria fixed within its internal structure which interact with the wastewater treated. The bacteria strains used are selected specifically for optimum performance in your application. The fixed-bed configuration ensures uninterrupted availability of the active bacteria strains in the treatment process.
PORET® aqua provides an ideal living environment to sustain the selected bacteria cultures. Its high surface area - up to 1000 m²/m³ - in combination with the application-specific preactivation are your assurance of precise control and highest efficiency in biological wastewater treatment.
- Significantly reduced running-in time
- Up to 97% reduction in COD / BOD5
- Up to 75% reduction in sludge evolution
- Efficient control of air intake rate
- As a result: up to 50% energy savings
- Municipal wastewater treatment
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Biodegradation of fats and lipophilic substances
- Treatment of petroleum-polluted wastewaters